Optimise your IT environments with a hybrid cloud solution
Transitioning to optimised Hybrid Cloud is an efficient and effective solution for businesses that want to unify their on-premises and cloud computing environments.
A well-designed Hybrid Cloud strategy can meet the diverse needs of an organisation, assisting with data management, geo-expansion, security, and compliance regulations.
However, many businesses have adopted Hybrid Cloud by default, resulting in challenges with cost, security, and management. A strategic Hybrid Cloud infrastructure that is designed with future-proof architecture and commercial insight can help organisations to seamlessly develop, deploy, and manage their infrastructure and services in both cloud and on-premise environments.
A strategic Hybrid Cloud approach combines the power of public and private clouds, while incorporating existing tooling and storage from on-premises investments. This reduces the number of cloud tools and workload spend, while also increasing the shelf-life of traditional on-premises infrastructure.
Additionally, private, and public clouds require additional effort and scrutiny to customise and configure security standards. Seemingly unaware, business leaders forget that public and private cloud security responsibility lies with them – not the cloud provider.
With a Hybrid Cloud security posture, organisations can protect their on-premises infrastructure once, and store mission critical data and applications there, while leaving the cloud for less critical workloads.
With a strategic Hybrid Cloud approach:
- Use infrastructure automation tools, such as Red Hat’s Ansible, to quickly spin up operating systems, hypervisors, cloud instances and networks.
- Use automation tooling across on-premises and cloud environments to standardise security requirements including firewalls, patching, remediation and system configuration.
- Release software faster through integration, containerisation and automation across the entire environment.
- Benefit from seeing the entire environment from a single pane that is easily reportable to the Board for compliance, or whilst seeking funding for new projects.
Gain visibility and agility through automation and orchestration of infrastructure tooling
Some of our customers experience challenges in controlling their entire Hybrid Cloud environment. Double up of data, multiple passwords, manual processing, and lack of process definition makes it hard to really tap into value.
By building a strategic Hybrid Cloud approach that focuses on orchestration and automation, organisations can:
- Secure cloud connections between different tools inside public and private clouds, so that data and workloads can be transferred without being vulnerable to attack.
- Locate and add to back-up data in both cloud and on-premises environments.
- Monitor and log all changes in the environment, including abnormal activity that moves inside and out of the cloud perimeter.
- Enable Identity and Access Management (IAM) across all points of the public, private and on-premises environment in a strategic way that does not create access-fatigue, but also allows for the building of a resilient security posture including Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA).
Optimised Hybrid Cloud Benefits
Improved developer productivity:
A unified hybrid cloud platform aids the expanded adoption of Agile and DevOps methodologies that enable IT teams to develop and deploy to all clouds.
Greater infrastructure efficiency:
With greater control over resources, development and operations, IT teams can optimise budgets across public and private cloud services and vendors.
Hybrid cloud environments also benefit IT teams to minimise the technical debt of on-premises infrastructure by migrating those identified legacy applications faster.
Improved regulatory compliance and security:
Businesses in highly regulated industries must follow restrictions on data storage. With hybrid cloud solutions, companies can meet regulatory requirements and still benefit from the cloud’s flexibility. Organisations can keep data in a private environment while operating workloads in the cloud, or they can handle workloads in a private data centre and move data to and from the public cloud as needed.
Overall business acceleration:
Greater control and a unified approach lead to shorter product development cycles, accelerated innovation and time-to-market, quicker response to customer feedback, earlier delivery of applications closer to the customer, and more efficient integration with partners or third parties to deliver new products and services.
Partner with Advent One for Hybrid Cloud Optimisation
Advent One partners with Australian enterprises to drive maximum value from their Hybrid Cloud infrastructure. We use expert methodology and automation to turn complex IT infrastructure, both on-premises and in the cloud, into an orchestrated and automated single entity that gives IT teams the control and visibility they need to succeed.
Advent One’s Hybrid Cloud blueprints are built across public cloud coupled with cloud connected Tier III certified data centres, with a suite of hosted offerings that give customers the ability to:
- Run the workloads that make sense to run in public cloud
- Run the workloads that aren’t optimised for public cloud in a fit for purpose private cloud environment, for example AIX and IBM I
- Have a secure architecture spanning public and private cloud that can be trusted
- Have the peace of mind that your cloud environments are secure, highly available, cloud-connected with low latency, automated and cost-effective.
Meet with Advent One to learn how you can refresh, organise and optimise your Hybrid Cloud environment. Learn from Advent One’s technicians on how to:
- Build systems that meet regulatory and compliance requirements for data management in your Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Reduce the current total cost of ownership of your current set-up through automation and orchestration.
- Best practices for building a Hybrid Cloud strategy that is future-proofed and cyber resilient.
Assess Cloud Objective for Business Requirements →
The team at Advent One works closely with its customers to understand their objectives for cloud transition.
We consider their current circumstances and their target circumstances to define a solution that is fit for purpose for both technical architectures as well as a directional business case.
Ensure Business Readiness for Cloud Transition →
Advent One have a proven track record of rapidly designing and implementing stand-up tooling and pre-canned automations to accelerate the initial landing zone and environment build. Advent One works with its customers to ensure that an environment aligned to the cloud adoption framework is ready for migrating targeted workloads.
Practical Support for Cloud Migration →
The team at Advent One work with its customers to successfully migrate their workloads to the cloud in waves. This includes a wide range of services, from the initial development of workload migration to Disaster Recovery in the cloud or a complete cloud migration.
Post-Migration Cloud Optimisation →
Advent One works closely with customers post-migration to further optimise costs and automate and transition to cloud-native services. It maps connections between data and workloads and then makes correlations between how workloads interact with each resource and the optimal financial mechanism to reach cloud optimisation goals.
Schedule a discovery session with the team below
Contact our team of experts for a complimentary Hybrid Cloud discovery session