Statement to Clients and Partners – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
23rd March 2020
Given the speed at which the landscape around us is changing, over the weekend we revisited our Business Continuity Plan. To avoid ongoing uncertainty around contamination for our people as well as our clients and partners, all Advent one locations will transition to a distributed working model by close of business today. This means our offices will be closed, but our teams will continue to work remotely from their homes.
Whilst the health and safety of our clients, our partners and our people remain our highest priority, it is important to reassure you of our commitment to maintaining high service standards. As a business, we utilise leading technology which enables our team to work remotely and collaborate with colleagues and clients virtually through video conferencing and online meetings.
None of us should underestimate just how challenging the foreseeable future will be. We need to support each other through these times and we are as ready and available to work closely with you, and your teams, as we’ve always been.
As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail or if we can assist you or your business in any way
Jon Ossip CEO
The following precautionary measures are currently in operation at Advent One
Symptoms of COVID-19
• Education session conducted to ensure all Advent One team members are aware of the most common symptoms of COVID-19, including:
• Fever • Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness • Cough • Sore throat • Fatigue or tiredness.
Practice good hygiene
• Education session conducted to ensure all Advent One team members understand to pay particular attention to good hand hygiene.
• Washrooms are stocked with soap and paper towels. Alcohol-based sanitizer is available at the building entrance, office entrance and throughout the office.
• Advent One team members are avoiding handshakes and observing social distancing of 1.5metres
Current travel advice
• Advent One has suspended all international and interstate work-related travel until further notice.
• In the event a team member undertakes any personal travel overseas, the team member is required to inform Advent One management team of the itinerary. In line with the Australian Government advice, a period of 14 days self-quarantine would be required on return to Australia and prior to return to work.
• If an Advent One team member is expecting visitors from overseas, family or friends, the team member is required to inform Advent One management team.
• If an Advent One team member is or has been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the team member is required to inform Advent One management team, to be tested for COVID-19 and to self-quarantine for 14 days or until infection is ruled out by test or a medical professional.
• Advent One reserves the right to ask a team member to self-quarantine for a period two weeks. On return to work, after the self-quarantine period, the team member is required to present a medical certificate.
Risk Assessment & Management
Relative to external suppliers, we have assessed that Advent One is dependent on the following for continuity of our service:
· ARA (Landlord of premises at 40 City Road, Southbank)
By utilising the Advent One Risk Assessment framework, approved by the board as part of our achievement of ISO27001 certification, we have assessed the risk of these services being unavailable due to COVID-19. All of these items attained a risk rating that fell in the Low or Moderate Risk Level Categories. In line with our risk treatment methodology we will manage these risks by specific monitoring. The Risk framework requires that we monitor risks with these ratings annually, however we have decided to re-assess these monthly given the heightened sensitivity in relation to COVID-19. Following the recent commencement of “working from home” for half of our staff we have determined that we have no dependence on the premises at Southbank for continuity of service.
• Advent One has assessed that we are able to continuously deliver Managed Services without dependency on our office locations.
• Advent One’s existing Managed Services team structure and practices, ensure team members are knowledgeable and experienced across multiple clients and technologies. The Professional Services team is an extension of our Managed Services team. This is a proven, business as usual capability. The Professional Services team is approximately 1.5x the size of our Managed Services team and there is considerable skill overlap between the teams, providing additional resilience.
• The Managed Services and Professional Services teams have remote access and regularly support clients from the Advent One office and from remote locations (including from home). 24 x 7 remote delivery of the managed service, is a proven, business as usual capability.
• All Managed Services and Professional Services team members participated in a “working from home” exercise the week of 9th March, 2020, to validate continuity of service in the event a mass quarantine is declared. The exercise also provided individual team members with the opportunity to ensure their home setup supports working remotely for an extended period of time and enhance proficiency with collaboration tools.
• Effective 23rd March 2020, to avoid ongoing uncertainty around contamination and the spread of the virus all Advent One locations have moved to a distributed working model. This means that our offices will be closed, but our team will continue to work remotely from their homes.
• Whilst the health and safety of our clients and our people remain our highest priority, it is important to reassure you of our commitment to maintaining high service standards. As a
business, we utilise leading technology which enables our team to work remotely and collaborate with colleagues and clients virtually through video conferencing and online meetings.
• Where technically possible, all client meetings and works are now being conducted remotely:
o Where onsite attendance is needed, please liaise with your Advent One representative to ascertain if this is possible.
o Advent One is requesting applicable Professional Services clients consider providing Advent One with VPN access
o Advent One will not host or attend any events (e.g. round-table lunches, dinners, conferences) until further notice.